Why Choose Coach Dave
As a young man, Coach Dave chased hurricane swells up and down the US East Coast. Not only has he hosted world surf champion Sofia Mulanovich, he has coached and trained top Costa Rican National Champion Leonardo Calvo.
Coach Dave's philosophy is a conglomeration of coaching styles inspired by decades of international superstars.
The surf program at Jungle's Edge will result in huge benefits and results. Coach Dave brings the guest to his or her desired levels of improvement, safely.
The program offers sports-specific yoga, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, performance training, two surf sessions per day, one daily theory class, and daily technique/drill class, and you will leave with your personal surf video.
We offer high performance surf coaching and physical training from experienced instructors. In addition to daily coaching, which includes a combination of surf technique, surf theory, surf lessons, and video analysis, we allow plenty of time for independent practice as well. Playa Guiones is a unique surf spot for many reasons, but it is our belief that out of all the beaches in Costa Rica, there is no more perfect spot to surf. The area of Nosara has a lot to offer any vacationer, but it is definitely a surfer’s paradise!
The 3-mile long beach break offers up some of the easiest and most fun wave styles to get you going and riding the first day!
National Geographic Adventurer rated Playa Guiones as one of the World’s Top 20 Surf Locations. When you’re not ripping it up, the staff at Jungle’s Edge can help you book a range of exciting activities including: zip lining, quad tours, nature walks, horseback riding, or maybe just float away your free time in our 70ft saltwater infinity pool. No matter what you choose, a few things are for certain, you are guaranteed to have the Costa Rican adventure of a lifetime and with a foundation of solid surf education, you will be well on your way to surfing like a pro!
For the most experienced, those elusive ramps are everywhere up and down Guiones Beach. Guiones is located within a wave-rich zone offering heavier, hollower barrels.
- 3 delicious meals per day from our extensive menu prepared fresh with local ingredients (abundance of Gluten Free, vegan, and vegetarian options on our menu)
- Daily morning Surf Coaching - 1 hour 30 minutes
- Daily Surf Theory class - 30 minutes
- Daily Surf Technique class - 30 minutes
- Daily video coaching and analysis
- Daily afternoon free surfs for you to try out what you have learned
- Free Surfboard
- Unlimited elite level yoga and surf-specific physical training classes by certified instructors (yoga, performance training, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu kick-boxing)
- Two massage/bodywork sessions
- Mountain Bike with surf rack
- Daily beach transfers available in our Jungles Edge trucks. Dawn patrol 7am beach drop off 9am pick up. Sunset patrol 4pm drop off 6pm pick up
- Free fast WiFi supported by Apple products
- Free access to the saltwater infinity pool between hours of 10am-5pm
- Transfers to and from Nosara Airport: We’ll transfer you to/from either Liberia or San Jose airport, or we can pick you up from anywhere in Costa Rica, and bring you to Nosara, on whatever day works for you. Liberia is the closest international airport. San Jose offers flights to Nosara Airport as well ($20 surcharge). Liberia shuttle prices each way: 1-4 people = $150 total; 5 or more people = $40pp. San Jose prices each way: 1-4 people = $250 total; 5 or more people = $70pp.
* Services to follow Jungle's Edge Schedule
Cancellation Policy Your deposit is non-refundable, but it can be used for any Jungles Edge purchase up to a year after your arrival date.
I feel confident on the water thanks to Jungle's Edge!
Before learning from Coach Dave, I was super nervous to try surfing. Thanks to his precision and integrity to pro technique and detailed attention to my every move on and off the water, I have the skills to take to surf breaks around the world. It's been a dream to practice in the infinity pool overlooking the lush green landscape at Jungle's Edge! Definitely a highlight of my trip here.
As an international yoga teacher and retreat guide, it's great to have a place to recommend to my students and I can't wait to come back to David's performance coaching school and amazing instructor Walter to brush up on my technique upon each return to Nosara!
If you're looking for real, raw, authentic jungle experiences, this is the place to be. It's truly a gem in Nosara and you'll be in great hands of the amazing on-site chefs who prepare your meals and smoothies with organic, fresh produce grown on property and so much LOVE!
Fern Olivia, Yoga Instructor & Retreat Guide, www.fernolivia.com